“O sing unto the Lord a new song; for He has done marvelous things:” Psalms 98:1
It is our desire for the Worship Arts Ministry at First Baptist to equip and encourage our congregation to live a lifestyle of worship (Matthew 22:37), and become vessels suitable to be used by our Savior for His service (Romans 12:1).
We want our Worship Services to be an outflow of our personal worship times during the week. Our desire is that the congregation would be fully engaged in the Worship Service and truly worship our Lord and Savior in spirit and in truth (John 4:24).
- Worship Choir
- Worship Band
- Children’s Choir
- Drama Team
- What are the requirements to sing in the choir? A saved and faithful member of First Baptist.
- Do I have to tryout to sing in the choir? No. Tryouts are not required.
- Can I visit to see if I like it? Yes. As a matter of fact, visiting is the best thing to do. Just come and sit with us during a rehearsal. You will be supplied with rehearsal material during your visit.
- When does the choir rehears? Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Where does the choir rehearse? In the Auditorium choir loft.
- How do I join the choir? Simple. After coming to rehearsal, just let our choir secretary know that you desire to join.
- Do you present musicals? Yes. The adult Worship Choir typically performs one musical along with special musical events such as Revivals and Apple Butter Makin’ Days.
- Can I sing a solo? If you are interested in singing a solo, please see the minister of music, Darren Selvidge, for further details.
- Do you have special singing groups? Yes. We have special singing groups, however, we try to limit them. If you are interested in a group, please see Darren Selvidge for more details.
- Are there any qualifications for me to be able to sing a solo or be in a group? Yes. You must be a faithful member of the Worship Choir or involved in the music or AVL ministry.
- I play a musical instrument, is there a place for me? Of course we want to try and accommodate everyone, so we ask that you visit with Darren Selvidge to set up a try-out time to make sure that your musical ability will fit with the present make-up of the band.
- What are the requirements to play in the band? A saved and faithful member of First Baptist.
- Do I have to tryout to play in the Worship Band? Yes. Tryouts are required. See Darren Selvidge for details.
- What kind of music does the Worship Band play? Generally a good mix of styles. You could define our style as contemporary.
- When does the Worship Band rehearse? Thursdays at 6:00 pm